The WWAC 2015 Call For Abstracts is now available. Abstracts are due Dec 15, 2014. The below author information will be updated for WWAC2015 in late-October. In the meantime, please use the abstract-submission-template.
The 2015 WWAC Symposium will be held on August 4-6, 2015 at the Wyndham Lake Buena Vista Resort – which is located in the heart of Walt Disney World near Orlando, Florida.
WWAC 2014 Call for Abstracts
Update (March 20, 2014): The program from WWAC2014 is now finalized. We are no longer accepting abstracts.
The 2014 WWAC Symposium extends an open invitation for the submission of abstracts for presentations, papers and posters at this year’s symposium. Abstracts are to be 250 words long and must be submitted electronically to the program committee.
- WWAC2014_call-for-abstracts – due Jan. 31, 2014
- Submissions are due January 31, 2014
We invite anyone involved with the automation, instrumentation, system integration, operation, maintenance, management and/or construction of facilities the water/wastewater sector to submit an abstract.
Three ways to present your work:
- 30 minute PowerPoint presentation (no paper)
- 6-12 page paper and 30 minute PowerPoint presentation
- Large format 3’x4’ poster
We also have two speaking tracks:
- Track 1 – Instrumentation, Wireless, System Integration, Automation, Plant Case Studies, Optimization, New Technologies
- Track 2 – SCADA in the Workplace, SCADA, HMI, Human Factors, Alarm Management, Security, Mobile HMIs, Data Management
In both speaking tracks, we welcome both technical and “case study” submissions. Case studies can showcase new plants, plant upgrades, plant optimizations and/or the implementation of new technologies in the field. Lessons-learned and best practices presentations are also actively welcomed.
Looking for some ideas on what to present? Have a look at our list of some presentation, paper, and poster ideas.
Never written an abstract before? Have a look at our guide: how to write an abstract
Why you should present at the WWAC Symposium
The first and foremost reason is for your own professional development. You get to meet new like-minded people such as yourself, you get a chance to “talk shop” with people who do what you do and understand the challenges of automation water/wastewater sector, and you get a chance to share your experience/knowledge with others.
Some other reasons that presenting at a conference is a worthwhile endeavor include:
- Meet and network with like-minded individuals
- Introduce yourself to the water/wastewater automation community as someone who has something to offer
- Establish professional creditability by demonstrating knowledge, skills and experience
- Opportunity to learn from others and “talk shop” with people who understand the challenges of your sector
- Establish contacts in the sector for future collaborations, business opportunities and/or knowledge sharing
- Opportunity to showcase your accomplishments (and those of your company/organization)
- Chance to personally stand out from the crowd
- Chance to practice your presentation skills in a non-threatening environment
- Be actively involved in your professional development
- Get the opportunity to share your knowledge/expertise
- Learn something
- Have fun
First-time Presenters are Welcome!
We also actively encourage people who have never presented at a conference to submit abstracts. Presenting at a conference is a great way to practice your presentation skills, establish creditability in the community, and introduce yourself to others in the sector. It is also a great way to meet new people and establish contacts for future knowledge-sharing and collaborations. Don’t be scared – you will get a lot out of it and have fun at the same time.
- 2014 Call for Abstracts
- 2014 Abstract submission Template (MS Word)
- 2014 Author rights/responsibilities form
- 2014 Papers, PowerPoint and Posters Review Form (for reviewers)
- List of some Presentation, Paper, and Poster Ideas
- General Paper, Presentation, and Poster Guidelines
- Non-Commercialism Policy
- How to write an Abstract
- Sample Abstracts:
- Paper Formatting Template (MS Word) or view as pdf
- Sample Technical Papers:
- PowerPoint Presentation Template (MS PowerPoint) or view as pdf
- Sample PowerPoint Presentations: